In 2016, the KiSOC started as a Leibniz ScienceCampus. Today, it offers a network in which scientists work together with communication practitioners on new formats. In addition, young scientists receive inspiration and support here for their science communication and educational projects.
In the process, we continue to rely on the long-standing close partnership between Kiel University as an outreach-strong university and the IPN.
The Network’s Aims
In the KiSOC, various partners study the design and impact of different outreach activities. The focus of the studies is on:
- the requirements and effects of different communication formats
- the communication of scientific content to different target groups
- the role of those communicating
- the development of a common framework model
Reaching the Aim Together
We build on the long-standing close partnership between Kiel University and the IPN. The four main university’s research areas are involved in KiSOC on different levels:
Current Network Partners
- SFB 1182 Origin and Function of Metaorganisms
- SFB 1261 Biomagnetic Sensing
- SFB 1461 Neuroelektronik: Biologisch inspirierte Informationsverarbeitung
- LePAS – Leibniz-Platform for Advancing and Supporting Visitor Research in Museums
- Kieler Forschungswerkstatt
- Plastic Pirates – Go Europe!
- Exzellenzcluster Precision Medicine in Chronic Inflammation (PMI)
- Exzellenzcluster Roots
- KielSCN – Kiel Science Communication Network